- Costco, 405 Hartford Rd., New Britain – There was no doubt in who was Number 1 for readers of the New Britain City Journal Facebook group, Costco was the first choice. The members-only gas station located next to the store is said to have some of the best prices in the City.
- Noble Gas, 975 Farmington Ave., New Britain – Michael Frisbie owner of Frisbie’s, also owns the gas station.
Readers said a Dunkin’ Donuts is also attached to gas station making it very convenient. Also, owners are very friendly.
- Vic’s, 359 Park St., New Britain – You may remember Vic’s from several scenes in “A Very Merry Toy Store. Readers say it it is also a great place to get your gas. Another reader added, “Competitive prices and great mechanic.”
- Citgo/Food Bag, 475 Arch St., New Britain – One of several Citgo’s on our list.
According to it’s website, “All three grades of CITGO TriCLEAN® gasoline are designed to keep fuel injectors and intake valves clean while minimizing emissions. When you visit our convenience store, to fuel up, grab a snack, a hot cup of coffee, some groceries, and your breakfast, lunch or dinner, you’re walking into a locally owned and operated business.”
- Citgo, 325 Allen St., New Britain – The second Citgo on our list. Gas station hours are Mon-Sun 5:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Story Bros., 84 Burritt St., New Britain – Not only does it sell gas, but it is a full-service preventive maintenance and automotive repair center. They perform high quality, guaranteed service you can trust at a fair price. Story Bros. repairs domestic and foreign vehicles and are your best choice for scheduled maintenance of your car, SUV, or truck.
- Simeone’s Mobil, 21 Chamberlain Hwy, Berlin – Our first Berlin gas station to make the list.
- Citgo/Food Bag, 2233 Corbin Ave., New Britain – Our third Citgo station to make the list.
- Cumberland Farms, 194 East St., New Britain – Besides gas, it offers packaged snacks, cold drinks, prepared foods and 99 cent hot or cold coffee.
- Citgo, 1091 Berlin Turnpike, Berlin – Was recently redone and offers great prices. Citgo is definitely a favorite among New Britain City Journal readers.
(Make your voice heard. To vote in our next Top 10, please join the New Britain City Journal group on Facebook.)