Are you good at making up words to a song? Can you write a catchy tune about New Britain?
The city is looking to tap local talent in creating a jingle that can encapsulate its new tagline “Experience the New”.
In January of 2017, New Britain embarked on a branding and marketing campaign to promote and highlight all that is new and changing in the city.
The City unveiled a new slogan and logo design, of a honeycomb that is also a bee in flight, in yellow and black. The new slogan has been on a variety of materials including advertisements, promotional items and commercials. The logo and the slogan “Experience the New” is being used to promote New Britain in a jingle.
“With the City undergoing so many changes recently, combined with our new marketing initiative, we thought it would be unique and fun to hold a jingle contest,” said Mayor Erin Stewart. “There are many creative and talented musicians both here in New Britain and across the state. We look forward to hearing all the entries!”
New Britain is rich in diversity with the vibe of the city represented by its variety of restaurants, arts, neighborhoods and cultural events. The City is looking for a jingle that will reflect the community and invoke a feeling of optimism and positive change.
Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, musical performance and adherence to creative assignment. Diverse styles of music are encouraged.
There are 11 different criteria that must be followed to enter the contest.
Criteria is as follows:
- Entrants must be legal Connecticut(s) resident (s) and be able to provide proof of residency.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years old and be able to provide proof of age.
- If a submission is made by a school, parents of any children involved in the creation/production of the jingle must give written permission for their child’s involvement in the contest. Actual submission must then be made by either a teacher or principal of the school.
- Entries must be submitted in video format accompanied by a contest registration form that includes a brief essay detailing concept and reasons for musical style chosen.
- Entries must adhere to guidelines outlined in contest rules.
- Only one submission per entrant.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Entries must adhere to content restrictions outlined in contest rules.
- Entries must utlize the city’s tagline “Experience the New”.
- Entries must be at least 60 seconds long and include musical sections of the jingle that can be used as background music for video productions and/or commericals.
- Be creative! Be original! Represent the essence of the city and how it is changing. The City wants to invite residents to Experience the New by visiting New Britain.
No deadline for submitting your jingle has been set.
Go to www.visitnbct.com for more information.