Top 10 Best Italian Food in NB/Berlin
(The New Britain City Journal group voted for their favorite Italian food restaurants.)
- Portofino’s, 246 New Britain Rd, Kensington – Classic Italian fare in a cozy, brick-lined setting. Italian food doesn’t get any better than at Portofino’s. Whether you are looking for Fettuccine Carbonara. Penne Genovese, Tortellina Zingerella or any other spectacular Italian food, this is the number 1 choice in Berlin or New Britain.
Readers recommended Chicken Francaise, Veal a l’orange, Chicken Portofino, Pasta ala Vodka and Chicken Parmesan.
Fans said anything from their menu is fantastic.
- Max Pizza II, 79 Shuttle Meadow Ave, New Britain – Order your favorite pizza, pasta, salad, and more at this Italian food favorite. All your classic favorites including Fra Diavolo and Shrimp Scampi.
A City Journal group member said, “best chicken parm dinner or grinder.” Another added, “wide variety of dinners, pizzas and subs.”
- Angelo’s Market, 349 W Main St, New Britain – Angelo’s Market was founded in 1956 by an Italian opera singer named Angelo. Angelo was a moonlighting opera singer with an insatiable taste for life, and a passion for making people happy with some of Italy’s many delights. In his quest for mortadella and proscuitto supremacy, Angelo stumbled upon a young Italian immigrant named Joe Tropea, whom he mentored in the ways of fine butchery, meat curing, fine Italian cuisine and traditional Italian grocery.
Joseph Tropea has now added a new-world twist to this old-world deli, combining authentic Italian techniques with today’s pallet. Featuring virtually any Italian import you may desire, Angelo’s Market is truly a taste of Italy.
- The Avenue, 958 Farmington Ave, Berlin – The Ave is a full service, family restaurant offering affordable, high quality cuisines inspired largely by family recipes. With over 30 years of experience in Italian restaurants, the Bomova family offers great traditional Italian dishes and pizza.
- Bakery on the Avenue, 1083 Farmington Ave, Berlin – Italian and American cakes, pastries, cannolis, cookies, deli meats, Sicilian pizza, stuffed breads and pies, hot foods weekly, Italian breads, and imported goods!
One reader said eat lunch there or reheat for dinner.
- Central Pizza, 96 Mill St, Berlin – This restaurant features pizzas, calzones, salad, spaghetti’s, ravioli’s, lasagna and much more.
One reader said to try any grinder, especially sausage and pepper.
- Tony’s Central Pizza, 1523 Stanley St, New Britain – Anyone who has stepped foot through the door at Tony’s knows that everyone is not only treated like friends and family but is also considered just that..
Grinders, seafood, pizza, dinners and sandwiches make this restaurant a City favorite.
- Bella Pizza, 41 Chamberlain Hwy, Berlin – You will enjoy great service, deliciousItalian Cuisine and Gourmet Pizza in the friendly, family oriented atmosphere. They serve Domestic & Imported Beer, as well as a variety of Wine by the bottle or glass. They also have a full bar in the newly added lounge, Bella’Gio.
Readers say the food is always excellent.
- Town & Country Pizza Restaurant, 685 Farmington Ave, New Britain – Booths for everyday pizzas & pastas, plus salads & oven-toasted subs. This restaurant continually is a top 10 in pizza, chicken dinners, Italian food and more.
- Pizza Pal, 264 S Main St, New Britain – Pizza Pal Restaurant is well known for its long tradition and superb quality of food and service. A number of satisfied clients keep coming back.
They invite you to taste original cuisine dishes or some other at your choice from our rich variety of Pizzas, Steaks, Seafoods, Salads, Soups, Wraps, Grinders and Mediterranean Dishes.