This month our readers in the New Britain City Journal Facebook group chose the best places for French Fries.
- Riley’s Hot Dog & Burger Gourmet, 61 Glen St., New Britain takes top honors for best French Fries.
Riley’s established itself in 2010 with a hot dog cart on South Street New Britain to rave reviews. It utilizes local meats, fresh ingredients, unique toppings, and family recipes to create innovative and enjoyable dining experiences for hot dog enthusiasts and hamburger connoisseurs alike. But it’s French Fries are second to none as well. Their fresh cut, real potato fries have fans raving.
One reader said, “Especially their Cajun fries with that delicious dipping sauce.”
Another commented, “Always fresh and crispy and a touch of salt.”
- Town and Country Pizza Restaurant, 635 Farmington Ave., New Britain – takes second. It offers pizzas, pastas, salads and some good fries.
One reader said, “Their Country Fries are the best around.”
- Capitol Lunch, 510 Main St., New Britain. Known for their amazing hot dogs with special sauce, New Britain City Journal readers also love their French Fries. Cappy Fries are always a special treat.
- Sahadi Hotties, 563 West Main St., New Britain. They have great breakfast and lunch food at terrific prices, but you must taste their fries. Always perfect, crunchy and tasty.
- CJ’s Restaurant, 70 South St., New Britain. A breakfast and lunch stop that took first place in our best breakfast. Readers love their french fries.
One reader said, “Oh, those wide steak fries.”
- Pizza Pal, 264 South Main St., New Britain. Known for their great pizza as they took home our Number 1 Pizza Place, readers love their meals as well. Their fries are pretty good as well.
- Berlin Pizza, 196 Berlin Turnpike, Berlin. The first restaurant in our top 10 from Berlin. It is known for its pizzas and famous long dog. Still a favorite for fries. Family owned and operated for over 30 years.
- Blue Lobster, 376 Berlin Turnpike, Berlin. Another Berlin restaurant makes the list. Blue Lobster is known for its fresh seafood like lobster and clam chowder. Its fries are special as well. Give them a try.
- McDonald’s, 40 Martin Luther King Dr., New Britain. There are locations across New Britain and Berlin. A fast food stop, but with fries that must always be ordered. Always a favorite.
- Burger King, 146 New Britain Rd., Berlin. Another fast food spot that readers enjoy their fries.
One reader said, “Believe it or not, I LOVE the fries at Berlin Burger King! For some reason they’re better than the other BK’s!”
To vote in our next Top 10 become a member of the New Britain City Journal Facebook Group.