This month the New Britain City Journal Facebook group was asked, “Where is the best Bars/lounge/adult hangout in New Britain or Berlin?” The following are the Top 10 as provided by group members.
- Roma Sports Bar and Restaurant, 382 Allen St., New Britain – Readers ranked Roma’s at Number 1.
According to it’s website, “Roma is not just a Restaurant, not just a Sports Bar. Roma is a place to feel comfortable with old friends and new. At Roma, it’s all the games all the time!”
Readers said great deck, great food. A hands down winner.
- Alvarium Beer Company, 365 John Downey Drive, New Britain – It is newly opened and already a favorite. New Britain’s first microbrewery and taproom. Offering a variety of home made on premises fresh beers, Polish kielbasa and German pretzels within spacious and comfortable tap room.
One reader said, “great modern space, delicious kielbasa, unique beers, owners are super nice.”
- Strykers, 841 Berlin Turnpike, Berlin – Takes number 3 and number 1 for Berlin.
According to one reader, “The only place I go to is Strykers on the turnpike. The owner, Marc Michaud, is a great host and his staff is wonderful. Great food, drinks, and live entertainment.”
- Back Nine Tavern, 245 Hartford Rd., New Britain – Found on the Stanley Golf Course, Back Nine Tavern has a deck, patio and bar.
According to its website, “ The Back Nine Tavern is a bar and grill restaurant that features specialty pizza and the finest views.”
- West Side Tavern, 586 West Main St., New Britain – West Side Tavern was founded in 2014 on West Main Street in New Britain. Since its founding, West Side has been known for its wide array of drinks, friendly atmosphere, and delicious food.
- Frosty Mug, 269 Beaver St., New Britain – A very cozy pub that is very friendly. Also has good food. It holds events in the back area and has a pool table among other games. Facebook readers think highly of Frosty Mug.
- Haller Post, 111 Grove St., New Britain – A very popular club among the Polish residents of the City. Extremely popular during Little Poland Festival in April.
- Pulaski Club, 89 Grove St., New Britain – Yet another of Little Poland’s best places to hang out. Often features shows and live music.
- Italian Independent Political Club of Berlin, 16 Harding St., Berlin – This is Berlin’s top club to hang out in.
Readers writes, “Great club with over 450 members. Four professional grade bocce courts, low cost drinks, beautiful dining/dance room and a first class kitchen facility.”
- Bobby’s Place, 120 Belden St., New Britain finishes our Top 10. According to it’s website, it has a great selection of shots, whiskey, beer at its friendly Neighborhood Bar. You can hang out at pool tables, or dance along to jukeboxes. Sometimes there is live music & bands.
This concludes our Top 10. To vote in next month’s question become a member of the New Britain City Journal Facebook group.