Top 10 New Britain/Berlin Pizza Restaurants
Readers of the New Britain City Journal voted for their top 10 pizza places in New Britain and Berlin. There were 18 different restaurants that received votes.
- Pizza Pal, 264 South Main St. New Britain – City Journal Facebook readers chose Pizza Pal as it’s favorite pizza house in the City. It has been in business for over 30 years. Pizza Pal Restaurant is well known for its long tradition and superb quality of food and service. It features original cuisine dishes from a rich variety of pizzas, steaks, seafoods, salads, soups, wraps, grinders and Mediterranean dishes. Next time you want pizza, see why it ranked Number 1!
- Marathon Pizza, 850 West Main St. New Britain – Their Facebook page motto is “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy pizza and that is kind of the same thing.” One reviewer said, “Been going there over 25 years, best pizza and great extra large grinders, great value. Wouldn’t go anywhere else.” From pizzas to pasta, Marathon is a must stop destination.
- Town and Country, 685 Farmington Ave. Not only are their pizza’s great, but try a chicken parmesan and eat it for a week. Huge portions with dishes everyone in the family will enjoy. Town and Country takes the Number 3 spot.
- Max Pizza II, 79 Shuttle Meadow Ave. – From regular pizza with pepperoni to specialty pizzas like Florentine, Mexican or Texas Ranch, Max Pizza has become a City favorite. It also has grinders, salads and dinners like Penne a la Pomodoro or baked lasagna. A great meal in a great location. Don’t forget to top it off with ice cream.
- Peppino’s Pizza, 10 Main St. New Britain – Most known for its fast delivery service Peppino’s serves a delightful thin crust pizza. It also has dinners, pitas and fried seafood. Strombolis, quesadillas and delicious desserts are not to be missed. A much loved pizza place.
- Tony’s Central Pizza, 1623 Stanley St. New Britain – Tony’s Central Pizza has been in business for 22 years serving the Central Connecticut State University neighborhood with great food, great price, and huge smiles! It recently moved, but still has all the great items it has always had. A favorite of so many, Tony’s Pizza is a must.
- Paradise Restaurant, 10 East St. New Britain – Italian specialties have been found here since 1978. The pizza is terrific as are the lunch specials. It features items like eggplant and cooked salami grinders and Paradise Pot Roast. Plenty of seating and pleasant atmosphere.
- Central Pizza, 96 Mill St., Berlin – the first of two Berlin pizza places to make the list. Besides amazing pizza it has a full menu of dinners and grinders. There are also dinner platters if you wish. A pizza that satisfies. You can’t go wrong here.
- Roma Restaurant, 382 Allen St. New Britain – Roma’s is a frequent visitor to the Top 10 list whether it is for pizza or breakfast. A comfortable place that serves everything from Italian food, to salads, to steaks. A top notch pizza. Known for its sports bar, don’t overlook the great food at this restaurant.
10. Bella Pizza, 41 Chamberlain Highway, Berlin – Bella Pizza has been family owned and operated for over 20 years! The second Berlin pizza place to make our list, it serves delicious Italian Cuisine and Gourmet Pizza. Try the house pizza or a clams casino pizza.